Sunday, August 23, 2009

Almost There!

I am almost there...well I think so anyway. I leave August 24 at 2:15, which is tomorrow. I am almost finished packing and I acutally think that I am going to fit everything into one duffle bag and keep it under 50 pounds. Of course this means that all the heavy stuff is in my carry-on which should be fun getting into the overhead storage. Maybe after someone is amazed of how little upper body strength a person can possess they will offer their assistence. I fly from Cincinnati to Dullus (D.C) to Amsterdam to Uganda. I will be flying for a total of 18 hours and I am hoping that they don't send me back upon arrival, for after traveling for an entire day I am not going to look that great, trust me! All I have to finish are the little odds and ends, of which I will save some for tomorrow morning so that I have something to think about tonight while lying in bed other than lying there wide-eyed while breathing rapidly over the events soon to come. I am in Rwanda the first whole week that I am gone so I might not be able to post again for a couple of weeks, but I promise that I will relay all of my experiences. I would love comments throughout my journey so please leave some below:)

3 comments:

deb said...

hey Rachel, its me Molly. I can't believe you like it there. I won't like the squatty potty or the bucket! Do you like slinging your hair back after you dip your head in the bucket? I love you and miss you.

Hi Rachel, its Maggie, is it fun using a squatty potty, I miss you and love, can't wait until you come back.

Hi Rachel, its me Lucy, I think the squatty potty is the only way to go!!!

Love you Rachel. Hope everything continues to go well. I loved reading your blog. Aunt Debbie

kentuckycuntrigurl said...

I laughed so hard I almost cried when I saw Aunt Deb and thems post.
But I did want to add then when I went to Romania my suitcase weight 48 pounds, and it was for 2 weeks, and yours weighed 42 for an entire 4 months. This is obsurd

Rachel Jones said...

The squatty potty really isnt as bad as i thought it would be:) I love you all and love reading your posts, they are wonderful!!